BOTOX | TUCSON
There are two categories of facial wrinkles: static and dynamic. Static wrinkles are visible when your face is at rest and occur during the aging process because of the loss of elastic tissue. Dynamic wrinkles appear temporarily when a muscle contracts during facial expression (i.e. smiling, frowning). Dynamic wrinkles are commonly found in areas of facial expression like the forehead (worry lines), between the eye brows (glabellar lines), and around the eyes (crow’s feet).
BOTOX® Cosmetic diminishes or even eliminates the appearance of dynamic wrinkles because it paralyzes the underlying muscle causing the wrinkle. When injected directly into the muscle, the purified Botulinum toxin type A prevents the muscle from contracting by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the muscle. Because the muscle cannot contract, the wrinkle cannot form and as a result it gradually diminishes.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is not as effective on static wrinkles which are better treated surgically or with dermal fillers.
Disclaimer :- This information is intended only as an introduction to this procedure. Details and treatment options will be discussed at your consultation.
How many treatments do you need?
- The amount of relaxation and the length of time the relaxation lasts depend on three factors:
- The size and strength of the muscle being injected.
- Your sensitivity to the medication.
- The amount of Botox injected into the muscle.
- The first two factors vary between individuals so you may require more or less medication than another person to produce the same results. The effects of Botox injections normally last for three to six months.
- Typical units needed per site:
What can I expect?
How BOTOX® Cosmetic Works
BOTOX® Cosmetic Side Effects
About one person in ten thousand (.01%) can form antibodies that inactivate Botox and prevent it from relaxing the injected muscles.
Makeup may be applied after the treatment, but you should avoid pressing or rubbing the area for several hours.